Sunday, February 19, 2012

Eyeshadow: e.l.f. eyeshadow duo

I my February GlossyBox, I received an e.l.f. eyeshadow duo, which is sadly the only really worthwhile item in it. I'm not sure what it's called, as I can't find the duos on the e.l.f. web site (www.elfcosmetics.com.au) and it's actually labelled incorrectly as Basic Quad 4. It's two shimmery shades of grey in any case.

 A medium and darker grey duo. There are small pieces of glitter in both shadows, too.

This was a really simple look. I applied the lighter grey all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then used the darker grey in the crease and outer V. I used a touch of Virgin from the Urban Decay Naked palette on the inner corner and on the browbone.

Two pretty shades of grey. Tons of fallout, though.

You can't really see it in these pictures (I did try to clean up as best I could), but there's a truckload of fallout from these eyeshadows. I may need to try using this duo again over a NYX jumbo pencil or something a little stickier to see if the same thing happens. Regardless, I really do love the colours and I'll keep wearing them, fallout or no. The glitter is much finer than what you find in Urban Decay eyeshadows, so at least you get a pretty sprinkling of shimmer on your cheek, rather than the odd random chunky piece of glitter that clearly shouldn't be there.

I like simple, no-brainer looks like this for work. As much as I love colour and can actually get away with wearing whatever I want to work, sometimes I'm too short on time to do anything fancy. Here's hoping that when I get used to my 'new' job, I'll learn to get ready faster so I can do the bright, colourful and glittery looks you've all come to expect from me. I dearly miss glitter!