Thursday, February 23, 2012

Eyeshadow: mauve, dark blue & glitter

This look is actually from the weekend: I took photos and then kind of forgot about it. I wore this shopping with my sister and I actually got quite a few compliments from sales assistants, which was nice. One even asked me if I was a makeup artist! Haha. Anyway, I used two Venomous Cosmetics eyeshadows for the main look and added just a little bit of Victorian Disco Cosmerics glitter to make it sparkle.

Left: Victorian Disco Cosmetics glitter in Tac Nuke. 
Top right: Venomous Cosmetics pressed eyeshadow in Dragon.

Bottom right: Venomous Cosmetics pressed eyeshadow in Constellation.

I applied Constellation all over the lid and lower lashline over my usual Urban Decay primer. I then used Dragon throughout the crease, concentrating the colour in the outer V. I finished off the eyeshadow left-hand browbone colour from the Wet n Wild Petal Pusher palette (hopefully I'll have time to swatch this and take photos this weekend, along with the Blue Had Me At Hello palette) on my browbone and inner corner. I then applied a small amount of Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy to the centre of each lid and patted on a bit of Tac Nuke glitter. It was a great match for the lid colour.

A little bit of glitter to liven things up.

I like how this turned out. I think the glitter added a little something to the overall look, preventing it from being too boring or an everyday look. I really love the pigmentation of the Venomous pressed eyeshadows. Considering how tiny they are, they're very easy to apply: plenty big enough to get a small shadow brush in there. I only with you could see how rich and dark that blue is (yes, it's blue, not black). This is definitely one of those 'better in real life' looks.