Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Eyeshadow: Naked 2 palette!

By now, everyone on the planet has seen the Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay. A bunch of probably own it, too. However, those of us who live in countries that don't stock Urban Decay have to wait until they're available for order through overseas web site. I'm happy to report that I've jumped on the bandwagon and am now the proud owner of the Naked 2 palette.

Left to right: Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted and Blackout.


So there are 12 neutral eyeshadows (Half Baked is the only repeat from the original palette) and a double-ended eyeshadow brush, along with a mini Lip Junkie gloss in Naked (forgot to take photos of that: oops!). The colours are quite different to the original, if you're wondering. I think the neutrals here are a bit greyer than the warmer browns in the original. Personally, I think they're different enough to warrant the ownership of both palettes, if you're into neutrals.

Ooh, shimmery neutrals. Winner!

For this look, I used Verve on the inner half of the lid and inner half of the lower lashline. I appplied Pistol on the outer half of the lid and outer half of the lower lashline. In the crease I used Busted with the teeniest bit of Blackout to darken the outer V. I then used Bootycall on the inner corner and Foxy on the browbone.

I really like the brush that's included: it's a great idea having one brush that can do double duty. The lip gloss is a flattering pinky colour and the small size makes it convenient for popping into your handbag. The colour selection is similar to the original in that there are shimmery shades combined with mattes. I like that this one has a matte highlight colour. I still think Virgin from the original Naked palette is the best highlight shadow ever, though. Overall, I love it!