Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Eyeshadow: super subtle glittery look

On the weekend I had a 1st birthday party to attend, so I wanted really subtle eye makeup so I wouldn't frighten all the children. I decided that if I was going to tame it down, glitter was definitely a requirement. I ended up using only three eyeshadows for this look and it only took a couple of minutes to do.

 Left: Illamasqua Static pigment. Right: Stila Viola eyeshadow.

This look couldn't have been easier. I applied Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy all over the lid, inner corner and along the lower lashline, and then I patted Static all over that. I gently applied a little Viola in the crease and finished it off with Urban Decay Virgin on browbone (they really need to make this one available on its own). A little liner and mascara, and I was done.

Ooh, sparkly pink delights!

Looking at these pictures, I think I could have applied a bit more Viola in the crease to fill that enormous gap between my lid and my brow, although it was a little darker and more apparent in real life. I love the subtlety of Static in the shade and then when it hits the light, it smacks you in the face with its sparkle.

For those who haven't, make sure you check out my giveaway!