Monday, February 20, 2012

Eyeshadow: Victorian Disco look

I wanted to try out some more of my Victorian Disco Cosmetics eyeshadows, along with my new Sleek Storm palette. I didn't really give it the love it deserves, but I've popped its cherry at least. I got a few pretty bits and pieces a couple of weeks ago when Crush Cosmetics (www.crushcosmetics.com.au) had their 20% off sale. You'll find pictures of the Victorian Disco eyeshadows in my review post here.

 The Sleek Storm palette: mine at last! 


I first applied Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I applied Yoda's Yoga Mat all over the lid and in the inner corner, then used Death Star along the lower lashline. From the Sleek palette, I used #7 (dark brown) in the crease and then decided it was a little too warm, so I added #8 (dark grey), which toned it down nicely, although it doesn't look like it in these photos. I finished off with #2 (pale gold) on the brown bone.

Some of my worst photos yet: they're not true to the colours in real life whatsoever.

I like how this looked in real life, but I don't really like it in these photos. Trust me when I say my crease definitely looked less brown and was actually blended out properly. I think the angle makes it darker and adds a shadow. Whatever. Yoda's Yoga Mat is freaking amazing, though. It's a super-sparkly golden green that can look more gold or green, depending on the angle you look at it. Death Star is intense. Total crap dry, but over Pixie Epoxy, it's dark grey awesomeness.