Friday, February 10, 2012

Nails: Nubar Indigo Illusion

I just have a quick nail post for you all today. My eyeshadow was a complete and utter failure today so there's no way in hell anyone will ever be punished with pictures of it. Ugh. I'll explain why in my next post. So this week I've been rocking Nubar's Indigo Illusion. What an incredibly awesome nail polish. It's a dusty blue-grey base with a pink/purple sheen that shifts to green. 

 Nubar Indigo Illusion.

This was really easy to apply. It's a bit sheer with one coat, but two coats was great. A third might be in order for those who have longer nails than mine, as there might be a visible nail line. It dried really quickly, which I love. The only thing I had to worry about when applying it is to make sure I used smooth, even strokes, as it's kind of frosty and the brush strokes can be apparent if they're uneven.

This is straight on and how it looks most of the time.

Slightly off to the side, with a visible golden green sheen.

Angled even more, you can see how green it is.

I adore this colour. My photos are pretty crappy, let's face it, and my nails are fairly stumpy. I advise checking out Scrangie's post here to see how this looks on longer nails with a professional application.

For those who haven't, make sure you check out my giveaway!