Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Nails: Revlon Fire Fox

I'm a little late in getting this nail polish post up. First of all, I took the photos two days after applying it, so I've already got some unattractive tip wear going on. I also stuffed up my thumb because I was fiddling with keys on my key ring a couple of hours after I first applied it, although happily, I don't think you can see that in these pictures. Anyway, enough rambling. The colour is Revlon Fire Fox, which is part of their matte suede range. I really like the finish on these (I also have the dark green: Emerald City).

 Revlon Fire Fox.
The polish was easy to apply, although I had to work quickly because like most matte(ish) polishes, it dried quite quickly. It wasn't as fast to dry as my OPI mattes, though. I only needed two coats for full opacity and it had a lovely, even finish after the second coat. In the bottle, there are shimmery particles in it (I guess that's what makes it 'suede' rather than plain, old matte), although these disappear when you apply it and after it dries. It ends up looking somewhat shiny, but not at all shimmery. There's no topcoat on these pictures. The colour of this on my nails is quite different to the bottle: it's a true fire engine red, which of course my camera failed to capture correctly.


In real life, the colour is redder than it appears in this picture.

I may spruce this up with a glittery topcoat or something. I like the colour, so I don't want to take it off just yet, but I need to cover up those damn tips. I'll see what I can come up with.

For those who haven't, make sure you check out my giveaway!