Monday, March 12, 2012

Eyeshadow: best purple ever

Back to my favourite once again: purple! Not only that, but I combined some loose shadows with the Wet n Wild palette in Petal Pusher and I actually took photos at long last. Sorry it's taken me so long. I know I've talked about it, but here it is at last. I'll do another look using just the palette in the future. For now, take a look at its loveliness. 


Wet n Wild Color Icon palette in Petal Pusher.


Left: Victorian Disco Cosmetics eyeshadow in The Fett.
Right: About Face Cosmetics eyeshadow in High Drama.
I'm not sure how many of you remember About Face Cosmetics. It's  no longer around, but I went absolutely berserk buying eyeshadows from the many collections that were available. It was really the first indie makeup company that I got into, so I'll always have a soft spot for it. That aside, even with the stupid amount of purple eyeshadow I own, this is my absolute favourite. There's no other purple that I love more and there are some beauties out there, too. I love it that much. It's a red-based purple with blueish turquoise shimmer in it. it makes me drool. Anyway, enough rambling.

I applied Pixie Epoxy all over the lid and lower lashline. I applied High Drama all over the lid and The Fett along the lower lashline. From the left-hand side of the Petal Pusher palette, I used the Crease shade in my crease, plus the Browbone shade on my browbone and inner corner. I then added eyeliner in my usual fashion. Ta da! 

Purple awesomeness. See how there seems to be more than one shade in there? Love!

So what do you guys think? Impressive purple or what? Are there other random colours that you love and can't get enough of that most people wouldn't have heard of? Another eyeshadow I love from About Face is called Acidic Reign and it's my absolute favourite teal in the world. I'll dig it out and do a look using that some time this week.