Thursday, March 8, 2012

Eyeshadow: burgundy & purple Venomous look


So I finally went ahead and added some much-needed colour to my life, but it ended up being kind of a dud. Not because the eyeshadows I used were duds, but because I applied my Pixie Epoxy unevenly. I'll let the horrendous pictures speak for themselves. That aside, I think the two colours I ended up using from Venomous Cosmetics (http://venomouscosmetics.com) make a great combo. I'll definitely wear them together again, I think.
Left: Wilted Roses. Right: Purple People Eater.



I first applied Pixie Epoxy all over the lid and lower lashline (very badly and unevenly). I then applied Wilted Roses all over the lid and lower lashline. I then used Purple People Eater in the crease and on the outer third of the lower lashline. I then used the Browbone shade from the right-hand side of the WnW Blue Had Me At Hello palette on the browbone.

Look at the awesomeness of the lid colour and ignore the crappy application.

The Pixie Epoxy transformed Wilted Roses into a beautiful burgundy, rather than the red it appears in the baggie. This is the first time I've worn it, so I didn't know what to expect. I thought the PE would ensure the glitter in it stuck and was visible. I may have to try it over a NYX jumbo pencil base and see whether that transforms the colour. Still, I love this eyeshadow!