Saturday, March 10, 2012

Nails: Revlon Black Star & Sally Hansen Glitz Gal

I've finally done my nails again after being a little lazy recently. I got Revlon's Black Star (black with silver shimmer) at a discount shop in my local shopping centre for only $4! What a bargain. For those who aren't aware, Revlon nail polish retails for around $14 here. I then added Sally Hansen Glitz Gal over the top, which is one of the new Gem Crush nail polishes (the dark grey-looking one). I got that one for under $8 at Priceline, which has 20% off Sally Hansen this week.
 Left: Revlon Black Star. Right: Sally Hansen Glitz Gal.

Black Star is part of Revlon's Top Speed range and it dried stupidly fast. As quickly as a matte, even. It's crazy! The brush was nice and the polish applied evenly. I used two coats. I've never used a Top Speed polish before and I have to say I'm impressed.

Glitz Gal has one of the super-wide brushes that some of you may be familiar with if you've used anything from Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry range. It was great for glitter! I pretty much only needed two strokes to have even glitter coverage and it also dried surprisingly quickly. What makes it unique is that there's very fine silvery-grey microglitter in a clear base, along with larger hexagonal holographic glitter chunks. It makes for an amazing polish, albeit one that sucks to remove!

It kind of reminds me of the Milky Way!

What do you guys think? Have you tried any of the Top Speed or Gem Crush polishes before? I love them and I want to get more. Well, I did get one more Gem Crush polish, but I haven't worn it yet. It's the colour Be-Jeweled, which is purple microglitter with large chunks of pink hex glitter. I'm also eyeing off the silver with the big blue chunks in it (Showgirl Chic), but I don't know how often I'd wear it.