Sunday, March 25, 2012

Nails: Revlon Scandalous, Orly Sugar & simple look

I'm a little behind on my posts once again, so I'll make this a two-for-one. Well, three, since I'm including a very simple look with it too. I'll start with the nails. Both of these nail polishes were applied over last week's mani, Ulta3 Enchanted. I got them both at Priceline on the same day and couldn't decide which one to try first, so I did one hand with the Revlon and the other with the Orly. Both are very different polishes.

Revlon Scandalous.

I've read online that this is a dupe for Deborah Lippman's Bad Romance, so this is a much cheaper alternative! It looks awesome with the little bits of hex glitter as well the regular glitter. It applied well and didn't take too long to dry. I also read that this is a re-release of an earlier Revlon polish called Facets of Fuchsia. Either way it looks lovely! This is just one coat.

Different-shaped pink glitter in a black base.

Next up is Orly Sugar. This is a weird-looking one in the bottle, but it's very sheer so I thought it would be a great polish for layering.

Orly Sugar.

This is a really sheer yellow polish full of gold and green microshimmer. It turned my dark purple/grey polish into a bronzey sort of shade with tons of sparkle that really shows up in the sun. Very nice over dark polish.

Gold and green shimmer in a sheer yellow base. 

And here's the look I wore today. I needed something subtle because I was getting passport photos done, so I didn't want anything too in-your-face on a document I'm going to have in my possession for the next 10 years! I used Femme Fatale Cosmetics Reindeer Dust on the lid, lower lashline and inner corner. The rest was from the original Urban Decay Naked palette: I used Hustle in the crease and Virgin on the browbone.

 Subtle golden shimmer with some neutrals to contour.