Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Nails: Ulta3 Enchanted

This week I'm wearing a completely random find: a $2 nail polish! It's Ulta3 in Enchanted, which is a very darg greyed-out purple with green shimmer. But it's much more than that. For those who don't know, Ulta3 polishes can be found in Aussie pharmacies in big bins, with random bottles just chucked in there. You really have to dig to find gold, but quite often you do.

 Ulta3 Enchanted.

I couldn't believe how well this applied. Two coats and it was perfectly opaque. It dried quite quickly, too. I only needed to add topcoat and I was ready to go. These photos were actually taken three days after I applied it, so no chipping either, which is sort of what I was expecting for such a cheap polish.

You can just see its green shimmer here. See how the base is a greyish purple?

Perhaps the biggest surprise for me is that there's a subtle colour shift in this one. I noticed it in the bathroom when I was tying my hair in a ponytail: angle it the right way and the shimmer appears more blue, plus the base is more noticeably purple! It was a very pleasant surprise. Cheapest duochrome ever!

It's a lot more purple at this angle and the shimmer is more blue than green.