Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Eyeshadow: neutral shimmer

This is another look using the goodies from my swap with Sparkling Luna. I've got a Darling Girl Cosmetics loose eyeshadow, an Yves Rocher pencil and a Catrice wet/dry pressed eyeshadow. I'm in love with all of these and I'm really happy with how the look turned out overall.

Left: Darling Girl Cosmetics Black Currant. Right: Catrice Intensif'eye Wet & Dry eyeshadow in Black Or White Swan?! Bottom: Yves Rocher eye pencil in Rose Taupe.


I started off by applying a light layer of the Rose Taupe pencil all over the lid and along the lower lashline to give the eyeshadow something to stick to. I applied Black Currant all over the lid and along the inner half of the lower lashline. I then used the Catrice eyeshadow in the crease and the outer half of the lower lashline. On the browbone, I used the palest gold shimmer from the Sleek Storm palette.

I love the shimmer in this, even though the actual colour is difficult to describe.

This look was even more shimmery and sparkly in real life, if you can believe that! The Catrice eyeshadow is amazing. I ended up using the middle of the shadow in the crease, with the darkest brown on the lower lashline. I was lucky enough to receive another two of these, which I can't wait to try after using this one. Black Currant is a gorgeous colour that I can't describe: purple/grey/taupe? Something shimmery and awesome. I think this would look amazing over a black base, too.