Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Eyeshadow: Sugarpill black & purple

Today's black and purple look is once again thanks to the lovely Sparkling Luna, who sent me generous samples of Sugarpill's Hysteric and Stella Chromalust loose eyeshadows. You all know how much I love Sugarpill and these colours are no exception. Both have gorgeous sparkle to them, too.


Left: Sugarpill Hysteric. Right: Sugarpill Stella.
I applied Yves Rocher eye pencil in Violet all over the lid and along the lower lashline to give them something to stick to. I then applied Hysteric all over the lid and the inner two thirds of the lower lashline. I used Stella lightly in the crease, building up the darkness a bit in the outer V, and then ran a little along the outer third of the lower lashline. I used the Browbone shadow from the left side of the WnW Blue Had Me At Hello palette on the browbone and then the Eyelid shade on the inner corner.


Purple and black sparkle. You really can't go wrong with that combo.

The samples I got are very generous, so I doubt I'll need to buy the full-size versions of these eyeshadows. However, if I didn't have them at all, these two would definitely be on my Sugarpill wishlist. I'm really happy with the way this came out because it was bright yet dark and smoky at the same time, which is pretty much my favourite kind of look to do. I'm feeling the need to pull out my Burning Heart and Sweetheart palettes, too, so keep and eye out for looks from those soon!