Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Eyeshadow: Wet n Wild Fauna palette

So here's the second Wet n Wild eyeshadow palette, the Fauna palette. I have to admit, this one looked kind of scary to me in the palette. It's mainly that Browbone shade: surely it's way too green for the browbone? Turns out it's not and the whole palette is lovely, but that certainly wasn't my impression at first glance! 

 Wet n Wild Fauna palette.

Once again, the eyeshadow was applied according to the labelling: eyelid, crease and browbone. I used the orange Eyelid shade on the lower lashline and then went over the outer half of the lower lashline with the green Crease colour.

Orange and green look pretty good together, I think. 

On the first eye I did, I actually applied the Browbone shade first, thinking it would make the Crease colour blend in easier. It looked kind of sickly and weird! But once I did the crease, it was all good. It appears the darker green toned down the look of the paler green. The difference in texture of the eyeshadows was more apparent in this palette than the Flora palette: Browbone was super shimmery, Crease was shimmery and the Eyelid shade was matte. I like the mix of textures, but I think WnW should definitely consider including matte highlight colours in their palettes every now and then.