Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nails: Zoya Tru & Sally Hansen Be-Jeweled

So now it's time for a nail post. In my recent Nails Etc order I got Zoya Tru, which is a lovely medium purple creme with reddish shimmer. I really like it, but I wish the shimmer was more apparent. You can only really see it when the sun hits it or at certain angles. Still, the base itself is a stunning shade of purple. After about five days (sorry, that's when I finally got around to taking photos, so my mani looks nasty), I had some serious tip wear, which is why I added Be-Jeweled, one of the new Gem Crush range of Sally Hansen polishes. Absolutely stunning and blingy, but boy was it a pain to remove!


Left: Sally Hansen Be-Jeweled. Right: Zoya Tru.
As always, the Zoya polish applied like a dream and dried quite quickly. I only needed two coats, but I used three because I managed to bump a couple while they were drying, so I needed to fix it up.


Zoya Tru.

The Gem Crush polished have that wide, flattish brush, which meant only one coat of sparkly awesomeness was required! It dried surprisingly quickly. I don't know if you can tell, but in addition to the pale purple microglitter, there's pink and holographic hexagonal glitter chunks, too.

Sally Hansen Be-Jeweled.