Thursday, May 3, 2012

Nails: nail polish mega post

I've been slack with the nail polish posts lately, so I've got three weeks worth of manis, although I've done some layering, so it looks like there's more than that.

First up, the amazing Ascalon from the A England (http://a-england.co.uk/) Legends collection. Ascalon is a holographic grey with a flash of purple duochrome. So amazing. It's got the usual incredibly smooth and even A England formula that dries nice and quickly. This was two coats.
 
A England Ascalon.


A England Ascalon.

Next is Butter London's No Moew Waity, Katie. Hilarious name and pretty colour, but an uncharacteristically bad formula for Butter London. It's a pale greyed-out mauve with lots of pale pinkish glitter. This was gluggy and chunky to apply, but evened out OK after two coats. It needed a very thick, glossy topcoat to smooth it out. Love how it looks, though.

 Butter London No More Waity, Katie.

Butter London No More Waity, Katie.

Then, because I can't leave things alone, I added a coat of sparkle on top of No More Waity, Katie. I used a new CND Effects nail polish I bought recently in the colour Sapphire Sparkle. Sadly, you can't see any of its awesomeness in any of the following pictures. It's actually a blue sparkle with a pink duochrome! The base is clear, so all it adds is the coloured sparkle. Fantastic brush on these polishes! Applied like a dream, too.

 CND Sapphire Sparkle.

  
CND Sapphire Sparkle angled to show the blue.

  
 CND Sapphire Sparkle angled to show the pink.

The last mani is using the Wet n Wild fast dry nail polish in Twining Vine from the Flora collection. It's a bright lime green sparkly shimmer that ended up being sheerer than I wanted, even after two coats. I really like the colour, though. The formula was nice and dried very quickly, as promised.
 

Wet n Wild Twining Vines.

 Wet n Wild Twining Vines.

To make it more 'me' and wearable, I chose the quick and easy option: crackle! I used China Glaze Fault Line, which I think made a lovely contrast with the green.

China Glaze Fault Line.
 
China Glaze Fault Line over Wet n Wild Twining Vines.