Saturday, June 23, 2012

Eyeshadow: three new looks & a (temporary) farewell

So first things first. As you all know I've been having a terrible time at work lately. While I've been busy the last couple of weeks, things have slowly improved so that it's not so hectic. Phew! I'm still trekking into the city every day for work, but there'll be opportunities for me to work from home every now and then, which I'm looking forward to.

I've been away for a couple of weeks so to make up for it, I have three looks to share with you all today. However, I'll then have to say a short farewell as my trip to Europe is in a little over 24 hours! I'm so excited. It's not a massive trip, since it's only three weeks, but it's my first to Europe since I was little (so it doesn't count). I'm spending some time in Helsinki, London, Paris, Stockholm and Prague. Hopefully I'll return with a ton of European cosmetics and inundate you all with pics and looks once I return.


Anyway, too much ramble. Let's get on with it, shall we? All three looks are using my most recent Femme Fatale Cosmetics eyeshadows, although since these were from a while ago, I don't remember everything I used. The first one is a pink look. I used Efflorescence all over the lid and along the lashline. It's a pale purplish pink colour with a subtle green duochrome. I teamed it with Fyrinnae Mephisto in the crease.

FFC Efflorescence.

A pale, pretty duochrome pink. Yum!

Next up we have a darker look. This look was done using the Sleek Storm palette along with FFC Genesis (a pale turquoise with golden sheen). I used the dark green colour and the black in the crease, with some of the matte brown to blend out the crease. I used Genesis only on the centre of the lid. I'm not sure that you can tell from these photos, but I also used an FFC Gemtone eyeshadow (Emerald Glow) on the inner corner and on the browbone.


FFC Genesis.

A dark green look with lots of sparkle.

The final look is all orange. I apologise for these photos, as I took them after a day at work and my liner has clearly worn off a little. Oops! Anyway, I used two FFC colours for this: Frozen Flame (pale peach with blueish sheen) on the inner two thirds of the lid and lower lashline and Sunfire (orange with gold sparkle) on the outer third of the lid and lower lashline. I used Sugarpill Flamepoint in the crease.

Left: FFC Frozen Flame. Right: FFC Sunfire.

Some matte, some shimmer, but all orange.

Well, that's it. So this is my last post from Australia. My next one will be in Europe somewhere! I'm also just a few days shy of my blog's two-year anniversary, which is also quite exciting. The timing isn't the best, as I don't think I'll be able to do anything really awesome (I'm only taking as little makeup as I can get away with, since I'm sure I'll buy tons!), but I hope to pick up some pretties to give away when I return. Also, thanks to everyone who suggested shops and brands to keep an eye out for while I'm over there. Feel free to mention any other below, as I'll be doing my best to check my blog regularly. Bye for now!