Saturday, June 2, 2012

Nails: Illamasqua Stance & Butter London The Black Knight

Hey everyone, look at this! A post! It's been a long time coming, but I thought I'd start off with an easy one. I haven't been doing much with my nails lately, but this time I decided to get off my butt and change all that.
 
Left: Illamasqua Stance. Right: Butter London The Black Knight.

I've never used Illamasqua nail polish before, so I had no idea what to expect. I got complete and utter awesomeness. It took two coats to make Stance opaque and it dried fairly quickly. The pictures here don't do it justice: it's more purple than pink and bit darker, plus it's almost neon in the sun. After doing a Google search, I haven't seen a single picture that shows exactly how amazing this colour is in real life. 

Anyway, I decided it was a bit too bright on its own, so I wanted to add something to it. I thought about a crackle, but I wanted to give that a rest for a bit so I don't get bored of it. Instead I thought about glitter. I'd had The Black Knight for a while, but I hadn't worn it, so I wasn't sure how dark and opaque it would be. I decided to do something I saw on Kristy's awesome nail polish blog (http://thepolishhaven.blogspot.com) ages ago: a diagonal stripe effect. I used stickytape (badly, I might add) to mark it out and then painted on The Black Knight (thanks Kristy, it worked a treat!). I'm glad I chose to paint over only a section of nail with The Black Knight. Turns out that polish is super opaque! This is just one coat. It dried ridiculously quickly too.

 

I love the way this mani turned out. Who knows, I may become more creative when doing my nails from now on. What do you guys think? Have you done funky nails that are actually really easy to do, like this? It's good to be back (albeit in a more limited capacity). I also wanted to remind you guys that I'm going to Europe, so let me know what nail polish brands I should keep an eye out for.