Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Eyeshadow: dark purple/grey smoky eye

Today's look turned out a bit darker than I expected. I still like it, though, and it's been ages since I've done a look this dark. I used more new goodies from my overseas trip. It was really easy to do this look and I used just a few eyeshadows, even though my crappy pictures make it look as though it's all one colour.

I first applied the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then gently patted Inglot DS459 on top of the taupe. I then used Thunder and Noir from the Ultra Mattes V2 palette in the crease and finished with Dune on the brow bone. I used Noir as liner along the top lashline and added a touch of silver liner to the inner corner to brighten it up.


Is it grey or is it purple? It's both!

This came out differently to what I expected. For a start, the multi-coloured shimmer in the Inglot shadow isn't apparent, although it's got subtle shimmer when the sun hits it. I also love that you can't really tell what colour it is: t's kind of grey but its purple side is definitely visible. Permanent Taupe is the perfect matte base for smoky eyes and I can see myself using it quite a lot. Again, that Ultra Mattes palette is GOLD. I just love the colours in it and the smooth texture of those mattes. Mmm.