Friday, July 20, 2012

Eyeshadow: Sleek Ultra Mattes palette V2 Darks

I was eager to start playing with my new goodies from overseas straight away, so I've done a couple of looks using mainly the Sleek i-Divine Ultra Mattes palette V2 Darks. I can't describe how lovely and smooth these mattes apply! Especially when you consider how cheap Sleek makeup is. I've done two looks: one I wore yesterday and another from today. I'm in love with this palette and I'm really surprised because I adore my shimmers. Who knew a matte palette could be so awesome? Consequently, I'm eager to try the V1 Brights palette now.

Here it is in all its awesomeness. A great range of colours to choose from.

For this first look, I used Ciao Ciao from the Tokidoki Adieu palette all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then applied Villan (ugh, I hate spelling errors) from the Sleek palette through the crease and along the outer half of the lower lashline. I added a lttle Al Dente from the Tokidoki palette in the outer V to add depth to the crease. I finished off with Pillow Talk (Sleek) on the browbone.



Pink and burgundy. Love this colour combination.

I used a couple more new goodies for today's look. I used MUA eyeshadow #6 all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then applied Fern (Sleek) in the crease and along the outer half of the lower lashline, adding a little Noir at the outer V to darken it. I finished off the eyeshadow with Pillow Talk (Sleek) on the browbone again (this is the perfect matte browbone shade and not too white). I then lined my eyes with my new Chanel eyeshadow (#85 Mirifique) to add some sparkle. This whole look was quite a bit darker in person than it appears here.

Green and turquoise with black shimmer. Me likey!

So what do you guys think? Have you tried the Sleek palette? There are so many looks you can do with this palette! For me personally, colours this dark I prefer to wear in the crease, which is probably what I'll end up using it for most, but there's definitely some fun to be had here with the lighter colours, too. I also like the idea of a matte look with maybe glitter liner. So many possibilities! I think I'll give the Tokidoki palette a bit more of a go next, so a pink/purple look is coming up next.