Monday, July 23, 2012

Eyeshadow: Tokidoki Adieu palette

As requested by Vintage, I've done a look using my new Tokidoki Cromatico palette in Adieu from my overseas haul (see post here). It's all pinks and purples, which makes this very easy to wear. The only problem was the white highlight colour (Carina), which is remeniscent of Urban Decay's Uzi with its chunky glitter fallout. I ended up tapping off most of the glitter in the end and the shimmery white shadow itself is quite nice. The rest of the shadows were nice and smooth, and very easy to blend.



Smoky, shimmery pinks and purples.

I first applied the pink (Caio Caio) all over the lid and along the inner third of the lower lashline. I used the purple (Adieu) in the crease and the outer two thirds of the lower lashline. I then used a little of the sparkly black (Al Dente) in the outer V and added a little more to the outer third of the lower lashline.  I finished off with the sparkly white (Carina) on the browbone and inner corner.

So what do you guys think? For something different, I added the most depth and darkness to the lower lashline instead of the crease like I normally do. I don't know if I like it. It kind of makes my eye droopy at the outer corners, don't you think?

Anyway, this is a nice palette overall. The colour payoff is pretty good (especially Al Dente), but as I said, the fallout with the white (Carina) is annoying. The glitter in Al Dente is really fine, so I don't understand why that kind of glitter wasn't used in Carina too. Regardless, this is a great palette for doing a purple smoky eye. I'll definitely have to use it again to create a different kind of smoky eye, maybe using the purple on the lid and making the whle thing darker. We'll see.