Monday, July 30, 2012

Nails: piCture pOlish Blog Fest

Hey guys. I bet you've been wondering why I haven't put up any nail polish posts in the last week. That's because as soon as I got home from holidays, I had a package arrive from piCture pOlish: it's Blog Fest! I've been trying out two brand-new polishes that I was sent for this year's Blog Fest: Demeter and Dorothy. There are 11 new polishes launching as of today from piCture pOlish itself, as well as its Network Members for those of you not based in Australia. Some shades are just new, while others have been created in collaboration with Network Members, hence the Collaboration Collection.

So first up, we have Demeter. This polish was created jointly with Katie from Harlow & Co and is available exclusively from piCture pOlish online and Harlow & Co. It's a rich chocolate brown with gorgeous, fine holographic glitter in it. You guys know how meh I am about brown nail polish, but this one has changed my mind. It's awesome! I think I just needed to find the right shade. The application was nice and smooth, and with amazing coverage: this is just two coats.

piCture pOlish Demeter.


piCture pOlish Demeter.

Next up is Dorothy, which is part of the new Mesh Collection, available from piCture pOlish and all Network Members. Dorothy is a gorgeous strawberry colour, more bright pink than red and blingtastic! If you look closely at the bottle, there's both pink and silver glitter, but it comes out looking pink on the nail, with the silver hidden, but adding an extra dimension of glitter. The base is a perfect match for the glitter and has super coverage. This is two coats, but I honestly could have gotten away with one! It's a mesmerising foily-looking glitter.

piCture pOlish Dorothy.

piCture pOlish Dorothy.

Those of you who regularly read my blog know I'm a piCture pOlish fan, especially since they stock the Ozotic polishes I love so much. Their own branded polishes are amazing and I urge you to try them! With so many new colours being launched today, I guarantee you'll find something you love. The other thing I love about the polishes is that each has a QR code you can scan the label and you'll be taken to the piCture pOlish web site or a Network Member, depending where you bought the polish.

For more information on piCture pOlish, you'll find them on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.  You'll find more than 80 bloggers participating in this year's Blog Fest, so happy nail polish overload!