Thursday, August 9, 2012

Eyeshadow: burgundy sparkle

Today's look is bright and sparkly, but very simple. I used my new goodies once again (are you guys getting bored of this yet? Let me know) and not much else. I did this for work, so it had to be quick and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.


It's a bright mixture of mattes and glitter. Win!

All I did for this look was apply Inglot Body Sparkles glitter in #71 all over the lid and along the lower lashline (no base needed, as it sort of applies like an eyeshadow). Then from the Sleek Ultra Mattes V2 palette I used Villain in the crease and Dune on the browbone. Liner and mascara and I was done!

I really like using a mix of textures in a look. While I'm still a massive fan of all-over shimmer, now that I've got awesome matte eyeshadows in a variety of colours, I find myself liking the mixture more and more. And for an all-matte look, nothing beats a bit of glitter.