Sunday, August 26, 2012

Eyeshadow: matte orange, pink & purple

I've used the Sleek Ultra Mattes V2 palette to death, but still only used my V1 palette sporadically. I felt the urge to go bright since the sun has started coming out and teasing us with spring weather. This is the look I wore to work on Friday. I really like this palette so I don't know why I havemn't used it more. I will, don't worry about that! Anyway, this look is all matte. No glitter or anything, just the lovely matte shadows from this palette on their own.



Sleek Ultra Mattes V1 Brights palette.

I didn't use a coloured base or anything for this look, only my usual Urban Decay Primer Potion. I applied Pucker to the inner half of the lid and lower lashline, with Strike on the outer half of the lid and lower lashline. I used Sugarlite in the crease (this is the only one I had problems with: what you see here is how intense I was able to build up the colour) and then Pow! on the browbone. Liner and mascara finished off the look.


Bright, colourful mattes. Yay!

So that's it! I like how this one came out. It was fun to keep my hands away from the glitter, which isn't something I'd normally do. I think combining both the V1 and V2 palettes will make for some awesome matte looks. So far Sugarlite is the only colour I've had problems with. I wasn't able to build up the colour too much, but it still applied really smoothly and was a breeze to blend out. I'd normally use a base, but I was short on time when I did this. Totally loving the quality of the matte Sleek palettes.