Thursday, August 2, 2012

Eyeshadow: purple, purple & more purple!

I still have new goodies from my overseas trip that I haven't used! Today I've used another new item: my Too Faced eyeshadow in Midnight Mist, which is an amazing duochrome. In my pictures it looks blue, but it shifts purple and the sparkle in it can even look blue or pink, depending on the angle you look at it. It's an awesome colour and it's really nice quality, so I regret that I didn't pick up Poison Plum at the same time. I was telling myself I had too many purples, so I passed on it. I won't be listening to the voice of reason anymore!

 Too Faced eyeshadow in Midnight Mist.

I applied Midnight Mist all over the lid and along the lower lashline. Everything else was from the Sleek Ultra Mattes V2 palette: Highness in the crease and outer third of the lower lashline with a bit of Ink in the outer crease, and then Pillow Talk on the browbone.

I love how different shades of purple look together.

You can see how the eyeshadow looks bluer in the pan than it does on my eye, although it's not a full on true purple either. This still looked more purple than this in real life, but the blue sparkles in it make it looker bluer in these photos. I'm still totally loving this Sleek palette. It's so versatile and Highness is a lovely, smooth and pigmented matte that works well and blends out nicely. How did I ever live without this palette?