Monday, September 24, 2012

Eyeshadow: dark smoky eye

I decided to go for the opposite look from my last one and go for a dark smoky eye. I haven't used my Chanel Mirifique all over before, only as a liner, so that's what I did today. Because Mirifique is so glittery, I decided to keep the rest of the look matte.

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadow in #85 Mirifique.


Sleek Ultra Mattes i-Divine palette V2 Darks.

I applied Mirifique sparingly all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then used Thunder in the crease and then Pillow Talk on the browbone. I added liner and mascara and that's it. It literally took five minutes to do this.I'm happy to report that I had no creasing during the day either.

Dark smoky eye with sparkle.

I like how this turned out. It looked much better in real life and I promise you, it didn't look patchy like it appears in these photos. (This is not the first time my photos have turned out like this. Does anyone else have problems with this sort of thing?) It was also a lot more sparkly and the silver glitter was a lot more apparent. I'll have to try Mirifique as a base, too, as I've seen a lot of people doing that and it looks great.