Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Eyeshadow: some new FFC colours

As you guys know, I love Femme Fatale Cosmetics (http://femmefatalecosmetics.com.au) and just recently, the company released five new sets of eyeshadows: The Lord of the Centuries, The Mistress of Dreams, The Queen of Life, The Spellweaver and The Worldbreaker. There are five eyeshadows in each collection and I ordered the complete sample set. The following three looks are done using these colours. I chose the colours that I wanted to wear together, not based on collection, so I'll do my best to accurately tell you which collections they're from.

For the first look, I used two eyeshadows from the Worldbreaker collection.

Left: Blood's Shadow. Right: Inner Madness.

I applied Inner Madness all over the lid and along the lower lashline, with Blood's Shadow in the crease. I have to be honest, this is the only FFC eyeshadow I've ever had trouble with. It applied somewhat patchy in the crease and took a bit of time and a lot of blending to get it to the opacity and shape I wanted. I love the colour, though, and in the end I was able to make it work. I then added a dab of a sparkly white shadow with a purple sheen to the inner corner.

A pinky shade of purple and black with a pink sheen.

For look number two, I used two eyeshadows from the Spellweaver collection.

Left: Nexus. Right: Crystalline Scale.

For this next look I used Crystalline Scale all over the lid, along the lower lashline and on the inner corner. I applied Nexus through the crease and on the outer third of the lower lashline. I found the pink in Nexus disappeared a little if I blended it out too much, so I had to gently sweep some more over the top when I was done. These two were made for each other.

Pale lavender and a blue with a pink sheen.

Next I used two colours from two different collections: Arcane Storm is from Spellbreaker and Eternal Trance is from The Mistress of Dreams.

Left: Arcane Storm. Right: Eternal Trance.

With this last look, I used Arcane Storm all over the lid, lower lashline and inner corner. I then applied Eternal Trance in the crease and along the outer edge of the lower lashline. No problems applying or blending this one: it went on smooth as silk and shimmered beautifully. The teal lean was a pleasant surprise!

 Pale blue and teal.

I love these eyeshadows. There as so many beautiful shades in these collections and it will take me a while to try them all. While I had issues with one colour, this is the only one I've ever struggled with from FFC and I've been buying eyeshadows from the company for a year. The other five colours here glided on like a dream and had awesome colour payoff. Such gorgeous shimmer! The duochromes from FFC are my absolute favourites (second only to Fyrinnae's Arcane Magic collection).

Check out the Femme Fatale Cosmetics web site now. They're currently having a giveaway to celebrate their one-year opening! I encourage everyone who's given FFC a go to enter. So many pretties are up for grabs!