Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nails: Models Prefer Hickery & Zoya Fei Fei

So I actually bothered to do something mildly creative wit my nails this week. I recently got a set of five Models Own mini nail polishes in really dark colours (but no green! Poo), so I decided to give it a go. They were a bargain at $7.95 from Priceline. I teamed it with a new Zoya polish from the Diva collection, Fei Fei.

Left: Models Prefer Hickery. Right: Zoya Fei Fei.

I started by applying two coats of Hickery. This polish is gorgeous to apply! It doesn't apply like a cheapie at all. It went on smooth and was almost completely opaque in just one coat. No bubbling either. I then stuck sticky tape in diagonals across all my nails and applied one coat of Fei Fei to the half. What a colour! It looks incredible over a dark colour, as the different coloured microglitter in the polish becomes more apparent. A layer of topcoat and I was done.

Dark blue and multicoloured sparkle.

I can't wait to use Fei Fei on its own. It's such an interesting colour and its blueness is somewhat diminished her because of the dark base. As for the other polish, I have to say the Models Prefer brand rocks. It's the first time I've used one of their polishes and I'm mightily impressed. This is about as creative as I can get with my manis, but I'm really happy with how this turned out.