Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Eyeshadow: greens & Melbourne goodies

Hey everyone! I'm back from my little break and feeling much refreshed. I've been catching up on all of your blogs and doing a lot of reading, so now it's time to update my little corner of the web. As you know, I was in Melbourne for a few days (I adore that city!) and while I was there I picked up some beauty goodies. Not too much, but I grabbed a few pretties.

Left to right: Too Faced eyeshadow in Poison Orchid, Estee Lauder Pure Color eyeshadow in Ivy (yes, ancient packaging) and Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Bedaub.



Left: Illamasqua Prism. Right: Borghese Stellare Notte.

The Too Faced and Illamasqua eyeshadows were full price, but everything else was cheap. Prism was on sale for $15 in Myer for some reason (I just grabbed it, I didn't ask questions!). The Estee Lauder eyeshadow was $10 and the Borghese nail polish was $5, both from some little shop at the DFO. Score!

I haven't worn the nail polish yet, but I've worn the eyeshadows. Here's a look I did using the right-hand side of the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette along with Bedaub and Ivy. I applied Bedaub all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then added the Eyelid shade to the inner half of the lid, with Xxxx on the outer half and along the lower lashline. I then used the Definer colour very lightly over the center of the lid. I used the Crease and Browbone shades on the crease and browbone, respectively. I finished off with a tiny dab of the browbone colour on the inner corner.

Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette.

A mixture of greens. How lovely is Ivy?

If you read this whole post, thank you! I had a great time in Melbourne, but now I'm back to business as usual in Sydney. Here are a couple of silly photos to commemorate the trip.

Doesn't everyone pose in front of the silly mirror out the front of Pancake Parlour?

Here's a silly full-face shot. Enjoy!