Monday, October 22, 2012

Eyeshadow: purple & burgundy

I did this look very quickly using my Sleek Ultra Mattes V2 Darks palette and my new Too Faced Poison Orchid eyeshadow that I got on my recent visit to Melbourne. I'd given Poison Orchid a test run over a dark silvery grey base (Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in Steel), but not on its own. It's so pretty!

 Sleek i-Divine Ultra Mattes V2 Darks palette.


 Too Faced Poison Orchid eyeshadow.

I first applied Poison Orchid all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then used Villain in the crease and on the outer edge of the lower lashline. I finished off with Pillow Talk on the browbone. That's it for eyeshadow. It took all of 5 minutes.

Love the sparkly purple with the matte burgundy crease.

I really like these two colours together as well as the mixture of textures. On its own, Poison Orchid is a surprisingly greyish purple with pink-purple sparkles. It's got a bit of fallout, but that's what happens with most of the pressed eyeshadows I own that contain glitter. The sparkles are super-fine, so it's actually easy to remove most of the particles from your face.