Thursday, October 25, 2012

Eyeshadow: yellow, orange and black

I had the urge to wear yellow recently. I was going to just use my Sleek Ultra Mattes V1 palette for this, but decided I wanted some shimmer in the look, so I whipped out my sample of Crusader from Femme Fatale Cosmetics. It was just what I was looking for! Bright yet shimmery. I teamed it with some matte orange and a bit of black so as not to detract from the lid colour.

Sleek i-Divine Ultra Mattes V1 Brights palette.

Sleek i-Divine Ultra Mattes V2 Darks palette.

Femme Fatale Cosmetics eyeshadow in Crusader.

I started off with Crusader all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I meant to use Pixie Epoxy, but I couldn't find it! I ended up going without, so this is just over my regular Urban Decay primer. I then used Strike (V1 palette) lightly in the crease and darkened the outer V with Noir (V2 palette). I then finished off with Pow! (V1 palette) on the browbone.

Yellow shimmer with matte orange and black.

I'm surprised how much I liked this. I wear gold a fair bit, but not really yellow. I also wear orange, but team it with reds and things. It was fun to combine two colours that I don't normally wear together. I actually think this looked better in person than in these pictures, but oh well. You get the idea. This also looked much better first thing in the morning (these pictures were taken after 12 hours - sorry)!

So what do you guys think about trying new looks that are outside your comfort zone? Find any winning combinations you never thought would work?