Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone! It's not a holiday we really celebrate in Australia, but my partner and I always decorate the outside of the house to let the kids in the neighbourhood know that it's cool to stop by for lollies. I was originally meant to work from home today, but ended up having to come into the office, so I couldn't really do the zombie-style makeup I was going to do. I thought I'd be clever and wear Fyrinnae's 'Are you my mummy?' so it's got the Halloween link anyway. As a bonus, I've also got a mani for you!

Two different kinds of green. Shimmer ahoy!


This was really simple to do. I applied Fyrinnae (www.fyrinnae.com) Pixie Epoxy all over the lid and along the lower lashline and then patted 'Are you my mummy?' Arcane Magic eyeshadow on top. I used Estee Lauder Ivy in the crease (I've got a photo of it here) and then Booty Call from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette on the browbone. I gave up trying to get a good photo of the colour shift in the Fyrinnae eyeshadow so here's a crap blurry picture from a previous post.

You can just see the pink colour shift from the green.

Now onto the mani. I've been coveting A England (a-england.co.uk) Saint George for the longest time. It was out of stock for  while, so when it was available again, I made sure to snap it up. I love it! Perfect dark teal creme with scattered holo. The effect isn't too intense, which I'm glad about, since I think it might detract from the awesomeness of the base colour. As usual, this was a perfect two-coat application that dried really quickly.

A England Saint George.

I'm really excited because next week is my birthday and my lovely boyfriend got me the whole A England Gothic Beauties collection! Can't wait to try them out. They haven't arrived yet, but I'm hoping they will by next week.

And finally, here's a picture of the awesome solar skull lights we got for our front yard for Halloween. We have two of them and they're as large as a human head. They're awesome! We want to get more now.


I hope you all have a great Halloween and go silly!