Friday, December 28, 2012

Eyeshadow: gold & orange

Happy holidays everyone! I trust you're all enjoying a break from work/studies/life in general? Sadly, I'm working through the Christmas and New Year's break, but I'm lucky enough to be doing so from home, which is pretty good. As a result, I've been getting up and just slapping on minimal makeup, and often forgetting to take photos at all. Today I succeeded in snapping pictures of my quick, five-minute eye makeup.


Sleek Ultra Mattes V1 Brights.


 Sleek Ultra Mattes V2 Darks.

Aromaleigh Concrete Jungle.


I started off with Concrete Jungle all over the lid and along the lower lashline on top of Pixie Epoxy. From the V2 palette, I applied Dune on the browbone and a mixture of Flesh and Maple in the crease. I went over that with Strike from the V1 palette to tone down the brightness of the orange. I applied my usual black liner along the top lashes ran and a gold pencil (Urban Decay Eldorado) along the waterline.


Golden shimmer with teeny blue sparkles, along with some orange.

And there you have it. I absolutely adore Concrete Jungle; in fact, I'd go so far as to say it's my favourite Aromaleigh eyeshadow of all time. It's hard to tell in these pictures for those who haven't seen the eyeshadow before, but there are tiny blue sparkles in it, too. It's awesome. The picture of the sample above is an old one: there's nothing left of that anymore. Thankfully, Luna (sparklingluna.blogspot.com) came to the rescue a while back when we did a swap and she gave me a very generous amount of it. Lifesaver!