Monday, February 18, 2013

Eyeshadow: metallic bronze

This is a really quick, simple look today. I wanted to give another one of my US new eyeshadows a go. This time it's a bareMinerals eyeshadow in metallic bronze. It's a smooth, creamy powder formula and it's stunning. The only problem is its sponge applicator: rub this along your eyelid and major fallout happens. Instead, I used a brush to dab eyeshadow from the sponge tip and then applied it to the lid.

Left: bareMinerals High Shine Eyecolor in Glisten.


I applied Glisten all over the lid and lower lashline and then used the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette for the rest of the eyes. Bootycall on the browbone, with a mixture of Suspect and Hustle in the crease. Some liner and mascara and I was done.

Bronzey metallic goodness.

Apart from the dodgy applicator, I love this eyeshadow. I sort of wish I'd gotten another one, although the range of colours available isn't huge. It's really long-wearing and smooth to apply, so it's definitely worth checking out if you like metallics. This was a lot more metallic-looking in real life, so I'm sorry these pictures don't do it justice.