Friday, February 22, 2013

Eyeshadow: neutral shimmer & green liner

This is a very easy look, done on purpose so I could give this amazing eyeliner a go. It's called the Tarte Skinny SmolderEYES pencil and it's in a gorgeous shade of green. I teamed it up with neutrals from the Too Faced The Return Of Sexy palette and Smashbox Love Me palette in Entice Me. This was so easy to do because the shadows and lovely and smooth, and therefore easy to blend. The liner is one of the softest liners I've ever used and the metallic finish of it in awesome.

Smashbox Love me palette in Entice Me.



Tarte Skinny SmolderEYES pencil in Emerald.

Too Faced The Return Of Sexy palette.

I used the group of neutrals on the left of the Return Of Sexy palette on the browbone and in the crease. I then applied the shimmery mushroom colour from the Entice Me palette all over the lid and buffed out along the lower lashline. Then I simply ran the Emerald pencil along the top and bottom lashlines and in the waterline. A little mascara and the look was done.

 Check out the metallic-ness of that green liner!

I'm really happy with how this turned out. That liner is 100 kinds of amazing. The colour, the texture, the finish and the ridiculously long wear all make it incredible. I only wish I'd bought more than one! There's a purple I was eyeing off but didn't buy, which I regret immensely now. Oh well, I'm sure I'll stumble across more eventually.

The Smashbow eyeshadow I used was fabulous too. It's so smooth to apply and so shimmery! You can't tell exactly how shimmery it is here, but it's awesome. I'll be using this eyeshadow with more crazy liner colours I think. It's a perfect match: an understated shimmer with a bright/dark pencil.