Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Eyeshadow: Too Faced The Return of Sexy palette

Let me start off by saying how much I love this palette. If you love sparkle, you will adore this palette. There are no dud colours in here at all. I also need to apologise because these pictures are shocking. No, really. They don't do justice to the eyeshadow (we all know how difficult it is to capture shimmer/glitter on camera) and in every single photo I've somehow managed to get mascara on my damn eyelid. Ugh. All I can say is I'm out of practise and I'm sure my photos will improve as I get back into the swing of blogging.

Too Faced The Return of Sexy palette.



For the first look, I used the neutral colours on the left. I normally wouldn't do a shimmery browbone with such shimmery shadows on the lid, but I had to try out all the colours in the palette like a good blogger. I used all five colours in this look and my favourite is definitely the taupey/dirty gold shade on the left. You can see this most clearly along the lower lashline.

Gold and neutrals from the left side of the palette.

Next up is the purples. I actually only used four of the colours in this look (they greyish purple colour in the middle is the one I didn't use). You can see how well the colours go together. In real life this was a lot more intense and purple.

Shimmery purples from the middle of the palette.

And last but not least, we have the greys. I thought the inclusion of the warm bronze colour was unusual but welcome, so I've used it here as the main lid colour. I used all the eyeshadows in this look, although the silver was just dabbed on the inner corner of my eye. I'll do a silvery smoky eye with these colours soon.

A greyish smoky eye using the colours on the right of the palette.

I'm looking forward to mixing and matching the colours from all over the palette. They're so soft and easy to apple, and they blend like a dream. It's also easy to build up the intensity of the colours. I'll more than likely use matte shades on the browbone day to day, but for lighter daytime looks, the top shimmery colours are ideal.

The other thing the palette comes with is an amazingly black pencil liner with a smudger on the other end. I've used this in all the looks along the lashline (except for the purple look, where I used a liquid liner because I was in a hurry) as well as along the waterline. It's so soft and just glides on. I love it!

Also included is a small pamphlet showing suggested colour placements for each of the three collections of colours. I'll give these a go and let you know what I come up with. I like that there are looks for both day and night.

All in all, this palette rocks hard. It's actually my first Too Faced palette and I think I'll get tons of use out of it. What do you guys think? I'd love to see what you've come up with if you own this palette. Let me know!