Friday, March 1, 2013

Eyeshadow: shimmer & bronze liner

This look is from a week or so ago. I've used two of my new goodies from my big US makeup haul. This was when I was running late for work, which is why it's a kinda boring, simple look. I used a Lush eyeliner and Buxom cream eyeshadow and I love them both. I can't wait to use them again in a look that's a little more interesting than this.

 Left: Lush Emotional Brilliance eyeliner in Quietly Motivated. Right: Buxom Stay-There Eye Shadow in Collie.


I applied Collie all over the lid and along the lower lashline, with a couple of the lighter shadows from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette in the crease (sorry I can't remember which ones!). I then applied Quietly Motivated along the top lashline and a silver liner on the waterline. I finished it off with mascara. Ta da! Easy as.



Subtle flesh-toned shimmer with bronze liner.

The Buxom eyeshadow definitely does what it says: it stays there. It didn't budge or crease on me and it was so easy to apply. It's not a cream texture like the Benefit or Maybelline cream shadows, but it's got a soft, spongy, mousse-like feel to it (I simply applied it with my fingers - told you I was in a hurry!). It applied smoothly and evenly, and the colour is easy to build up.

I adore the colour of Quietly Motivated! It's unlike anything else I have. It's very easy to apply because the texture is really smooth and it's nicely pigmented. The only thing some people may have trouble with is finding a way to hold the applicator comfortably, since it's a chunky eyedropper-like thing. However, I find the eyeliner brush itself quite easy to control.