Thursday, March 21, 2013

Nails: China Glaze Shape Shifter

I'm so sorry guys! It's been two weeks since my last post. A week of that was just a hectic work schedule, which happens from time to time, and then another week was because my home internet connection went on the blink. I now have functioning internet (I set up a router all by myself: I guess that officially makes me a mega nerd!) and I'm ready to go!

So today I have one of the China Glaze Tranzitions polishes. For those who aren't familiar with the collection, they change colour when you apply a topcoat. It's a neat idea. I'm glad I went with Shape Shifter because the transition colour was really different to the base colour. Here it is.

China Glaze Shape Shifter.
The base colour is a steel grey and it's quite frosty, so you can see the brush strokes. I don't really mind that though, but I thought I'd mention it for those who do. It's a great colour and was opaque with two coats. It's a metallic polish, so it was quite shiny on its own without topcoat. I ended up applying topcoat to half my nail (freehand, which is why it looks wonky: oops!), which turned the polish a bright, dark royal blue leaning purple.


Grey and blue from the one bottle of polish!

All in all, I love the idea and execution of this concept. It's unique and makes nail art brainless, which is important for people like me with little to no skill in that are! The only thing is next time I'll use sticky tape to create a sharper line with the topcoat. But I'm lazy...