Friday, June 14, 2013

Eyeshadow: acid green & burgundy

I have a bright and dark look to share today. I also did something different by not wearing black on my waterline, which I usually do for darker looks. I like how it turned out, apart from the small amount of green eyeshadow I managed to deposit in my eye and stick to my contact lens. Nice. Slow clap for me. Anyway, here are the eyeshadows I used.

Australis Double Decker in Greenhouse Effect.

Make Up Store microshadow in Eclipse.


Sleek i-Divine Sparkle 2 palette.

I first applied Eclipse all over the lid and along the inner two thirds of the lower lashline. I then ran my Benefit Eye Bright pencil (pale matte pink) along the waterline and then dabbed Eclipse on top of it. I then used Illusion from the Sleek palette in the crease and the outer third of the waterline. I applied an off-white eyeshadow on the browbone and a dab of Greenhouse Effect on the inner corner. Liner and mascara, and I was done.

Green and burgundy go well together, don't you think?

I like how this turned out and I like the matching colour on the waterline. I received the Sparkle 2 palette from Sparkling Luna in a swap and I'll do a post on that soon - she was ridiculously generous and it'll take me all day to go through everything and take photos. I'll have to use this palette some more because there are some really gorgeous colours in there.