Sunday, June 16, 2013

Eyeshadow: purple/burgundy

Today is another dark yet shimmery look, this time using Femme Fatale Cosmetics and Sleek. This is another one of my new FFC eyeshadows that I tried for the first time today. I also made an effort to use my Sleek Sparkle 2 palette again and was rewarded with awesomeness. Enough blab, here it is.

 Femme Fatale Cosmetics eyeshadow in Darkmist.


Sleek Sparkle 2 palette.

I wish I'd used Pixie Epoxy as a base but I couldn't find it, so I applied Darkmist over Illamasqua Dab cream pigment all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then used Festive (Sleek palette) in the crease. I finished off with a matte white eyeshadow on the browbone and added liner and mascara.

Purple and burgundy. See the blue sheen to Darkmist? Awesome!

Another winner from FFC. It looks so much more awesome on the eye than it does in its little baggie, as I find with most of their eyeshadows. It may have been a little over the top, but Festive is quite glittery itself so this look was quite sparkly in real life. So now I'll give the purple and green a break and come back with something different. Always fun to go outside your comfort zone!