Thursday, July 25, 2013

Eyeshadow: dark green glitter

Today I have a dark look for you, which is a nice change from the neutral looks I've been doing lately. Again, this was done with some of my new goodies from Singapore, along with some other bits and pieces from my collection. And it's glittery. Woohoo! Here we go.

Revlon PhotoReady Primer, Shadow + Sparkle in #535 Pop Art (mouthful, isn't it?)

Urban Decay moondust eyeshadow in Zodiac.

To get the most out of Zodiac, I first applied Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then patted Zodiac on top of it. For the rest of the eyeshadow, I solely used the eyeshadows in the Revlon Pop Art palette. I applied a mixture of the medium green in the middle of the palette as well as darkest green in my crease. I used the primer shade (the white-looking colour, which actually has a green sheen to it) on the browbone. Finally, I added a dab of the sparkly colour (that small paler glittery green) on the inner corner.


Dark glittery green. One of my favourites!

There was so much shimmer in this look, I didn't care that it was a little over the top. Haha. After my last look using one of the Urban Decay moondust eyeshadows without foiling, I had to give it a go in this look so the awesomeness of Zodiac would show up. I love how it turned out! No subtlety here. I'm not a huge fan of using eyeshadows wet or wetting my brushes to foil (I hate it when the top layer gets all hard and unusable), so I used Pixie Epoxy, which gives it a foiled look without the hassle. Hello laziness! Anyway, enjoy the sparkle and new bigger (still somewhat freakish, in my opinion) photos.