Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Eyeshadow: glittery pink

Today's look is all about the glittery lid shade, which is one of the new Urban Decay moondust eyeshadows in Glitter Rock. I love these. I'm definitely thinking about getting Moonspoon now. And maybe Intergalactic. Sigh. I have a serious problem. Anyway, this look turned out quite glittery, but on the subtle side. Purely accidental, I assure you. I haven't gotten boring: I still love my brights, but I've been trying out the more subtle new shades I bought recently. Just you wait until you see Zodiac!

Too Faced Naked Eye palette.

Urban Decay moondust eyeshadow in Glitter Rock. 

Because I was going to wear a glittery eyeshadow, I applied a sticky base all over the lid and lower lashline in the form of Illamasqua Dab cream pigment (super-pale pinky mauve) and then applied Glitter Rock all over. To keep the rest of the eyes simple and not detract from the glitter, I used Like a Virgin in the crease and In The Buff on the browbone (both from the Too Faced palette). I then added liner and mascara and the look was done.

Pink glitter and neutrals.

I thought the pink would be more, well, pink. I still love it, don't get me wrong, I thought it was less sheer than it turned out to be. This means it will look awesome over a coloured base. Excellent! More experiments will be performed to get the most out of this awesome eyeshadow.

On another note, I tried something different with this post, using slightly bigger pictures than normal. What do you guys think? It's easier to read the names of the eyeshadows and all that, but is my eyeball boring holes into your soul being this large? I don't know, I'm somewhat freaked out seeing it this big. Let me know either way.