Friday, July 19, 2013

Eyeshadow: neutral look

Hey guys. I'm finally getting around to posting some looks using the new makeup I bought on my overseas trip. Today's look is a really simple one using just one Make Up Store eyeshadow. I've also finally tried the Anna Sui makeup powder.

Left: Anna Sui Makeup Power in #900. Right: Make Up Store microshadow in Monty.

As I said, I just used one eyeshadow for this look, so I swept Monty on the eyelid and along the lower lashline, as well as in the crease. It's got a lovely satiny finish so I decided it didn't need more than that. Since I wanted to keep this look simple and subtle, I opted for a dark brown pencil liner (an old Bloom one I had lying around) along the top lashline, on the waterline and smudged into outer half of the lower lashline.

Monty is a satiny taupe colour. Just gorgeous and really pigmented.

What you can't really see in the pictures above is the Anna Sui pale green shimmer powder I also used. I applied some lightly right under the arch of my brow and then extended it a little towards my temple and brought it down onto the top of my cheekbones. It's absolutely stunning, but it's a little too much for the daytime when worn as a highlighter. It's lovely on the browbone, though. Here's another picture where it's more obvious:

Pale green shimmer, but perhaps a little much for daytime use.

So what do you guys think? Too much or is it cool. In terms of actual colour, the shimmer powder is pale green with golden flecks, so it's quite lovely and unlike any other highlighter I've ever seen.