Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Eyeshadow: purple & burgundy take 2

*** This is a scheduled post. I'm currently on holidays, living the high life in Malaysia and Singapore! ***

Today's look is an accident in that it's a paler, more toned-down version of the purple and burgundy look I posted here. I used different products this time and even my eyeliner was smudgier and more subtle.

Left to right: Darling Girl Cosmetics eyeshadow in Strange & Unusual, Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Rockstar and Gosh eyeshadow in #16 Aubergine.

I first applied Strange & Unusual all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then used Aubergine very lightly in the crease. No idea what was on my browbone, possibly Cosmic from Make Up Store, since I've been using that a lot recently. I then lined my upper and lower lashline with Rockstar and ran it along my waterline.

A much softer purple and burgundy look.

I really like how this turned out. I wanted to make sure Aubergine wasn't too intense to detract from the awesome sparkle of Strange & Unusual. I love that this colour is also named from a line in one of my all-time favourite movies: Beetlejuice! I feel the urge to watch it again now.