Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Haul: makeup goodies from Singapore

Hey everyone, it's show and tell time. These are the makeup goodies I bought in Singapore on my recent holiday. I also got a whole lot of goodies from The Body Shop, including shower gels and perfume, but I'm not sure whether anyone would be interested in a separate post of all those things. Let me know.

So on to the makeup. Most of this was bought from Sephora. In taking the photos for this post, I've discovered a disturbing trend in the items I picked up. The majority of things I picked up were neutral. What the? That's no unlike me! However, rather than me getting old and boring, I think it just means that cosmetics companies are making neutrals more interesting. Anyway, here we go.

Sephora Rouge Shine lipsticks in #43 (left) and #31 (right). Take a look at the photo below. See how accurate the little swatches on the undderside of the lippies are? Great job, Sephora.



Too Faced Naked Eye palette. Yes, another palette of neutrals.

Gorgeous colours. All quite different to my Urban Decay Naked palettes. See? Completely justified purchase.

Left to right: Urban Decay Glitter Rock (moondust), Mushroom and Zodiac (moondust).

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in LSD. 

Left to right: Make Up Store microshadow in Monty, The Body Shop eyeshadow in #225 Brownie & Clyde and a mini Sephora nail polish in #70 It's time to rock! 

These Bobbi Brown eyeshadows were purchased from the Robinsons department store. On the left is #24 Lilac and on the right is #21 Taupe (which is actually a gold colour).

These two Anna Sui items are from Takashimaya. On the left is the limited edition Makeup Powder in #900 (yes, a pale green highlighter!) and Lip Gloss in #200.

See? I didn't buy all that much at all. At least not compared to the goodies I bring back when I visit the US! Can you believe I only got one nail polish? I'm so proud of myself. There were a couple of things I held off on simply because I thought I had similar items back home. Do you guys have any of these? If so, what did you think of them? I'm going to have fun over the next couple of weeks trying them all out!