Thursday, July 18, 2013

Nails: Lilypad Lacquer True Blood

One of the reasons I love the beauty blogging world so much is that it gives you the chance to discover new products/companies that you may not have heard of before. Lilypad Lacquer, found on Etsy, is one such company. I saw Kristy from The Polish Haven (thepolishhaven.blogspot.com) blog about their True Blood nail polish and I was in love. I had to have it! I ended up getting one other colour while I was there, called Popping Purple.

Lilypad Lacquer True Blood.

I have to agree with Kristy that the formula is thicker and takes longer to dry than a regular holo. That said, I had full coverage in two coats and it was still quicker to dry than some regular non-holo polishes I have. I then applied a single layer of topcoat. The result? A mermerising burgundy holo that looks amazing in both the shade and the sun.

I adore this colour! Burgundy holo.

This was an awesome find. Thanks you Kristy! You're a legend. If you haven't checked out The Polish Haven before, make sure that you do. It's a wonderful blog.