Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Eyeshadow: neutral with glitter liner

Hi guys. I have a very simple look today. I really wanted to try out my new Biker Chic eyeshadow from Fyrinnae, but I wasn't in the mood for a really dark, intense look. In the end, I decided to wear it as a liner with some neutral eyeshadows, which worked out really well. So here are the goodies I used.

Too Faced Naked Eye palette.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in LSD.

Fyrinnae Biker Chic loose eyeshadow.

For the eyeshadow, I used the row of Day colours. I applied Pillow Talk all over the lid and along the lower lashline, with Like a Virgin through the crease and on the outer third of the lower lashline. I finished off with In The Buff on the browbone. I then ran the LSD pencil thickly along the top lashline and patted Biker Chic on top. I finished off with a little bit of Benefit Eye Bright on the waterline and mascara.

Ignore the eyeshadow, this is all about the sparkly blue liner.

I really like how this came out. It was really simple and quick to do, but showed off the sparkle in Biker Chic quite nicely (obviously, this was more noticeable in real life). The LSD pencil has a dark blue base with blue glitter in it, while Biker Chic has a black base with blue sparkles in it. The combination of chunkier glitter (liner) combined with the extra-fine sparkle (eyeshadow) made it a lot more interesting, too.

I'm thinking I'll try this look with other eyeshadows. I think it would look especially awesome with some brighter colours, as well as with Fyrinnae Arcane Magic shadows. Maybe next time I won't be so lazy and I'll use an actual mixing medium to create a coloured liner. At least with the eye pencil, I was able to get right to the root of the lashes.