Thursday, August 15, 2013

Eyeshadow: orange & red with Sugarpill

I have a fun, bright look for you guys today. As many of you will know, a few weeks ago Sugarpill (www.sugarpillshop.com) had a sale on their web site, offering discounts on certain items as well as the opportunity to purchase some limited edition expo-only items. Like the Sugarpill obssessive that I am, I got up at 4am Australia time to attempt to get these lovely eyeshadows. I honestly never thought I'd get my hands on these goodies, but here they are!

Left: Asteria chromalust loose eyeshadow. Right: @#$%! pressed eyeshadow.

I'm so excited! I decided that I may as well wear both of them together and so I came up with this look. I applied Asteria all over the lid and long the inner two-thirds of the lower lashline. I used @#$%! through the crease and along the outer third of the lower lashline. I finished off the look with a tiny dab of Goldilux on the inner corner.

Red and orange with a hint of gold sparkle. 

I love these colours together! I didn't think they'd suit each other so well, but I really like how it turned out. @#$%! is red, but not as bright or intense as Love+. I like that there's some sparkle to it too. Asteria is super-shimmery with gold and orange particles in it. It's a really wearable orange, in my opinion. Don't believe me? Below is another look using only Asteria on its own.

 Sparkly orange. Enough said.

So what do you guys think? Would you wear these colours? Any of you also own these eyeshadows? If so, I'd love to see what kinds of looks you've come up with using them!