Friday, August 23, 2013

Eyeshadow: red & multi-coloured sparkle

Hey guys. I forgot how much I loved wearing red eyeshadow that I decided to do it again today! I teamed it with a silvery colour this time, which also has heaps of pretty multi-coloured sparkles in it. This is quite similar to a look I did ages ago here, but a little more subtle.

Left: Sugarpill @#$%! eyeshadow. Right: Fyrinnae Dinosaur Plushie eyeshadow.

I first applied a pale lilac base all over the lid and along the lower lashline in the form of Illamasqua Dab cream pigment. On top of this I applied Dinosaur Plushie. I then used @#$%! in the crease and along the outer third of the lower lashline. Liner, mascara and I was done.

Red and sparkles. So much fun!

I like how this is colourful yet not too intense at the same time (for me, anyway). I'd just finished a tube of Pixie Epoxy so I needed something else to provide a sticky kind of base for Dinosaur Plushie, which is why I went for the Illamasqua cream eyeshadow. It worked quite well in the end. The only thing is the multi-coloured sparkles aren't as obvious without the Pixie Epoxy base. Still, this was a lot more colourful in real life.